126. IT is a great thing to do little things well.
127. Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and discover they were the big things.
128. Words cut more than swords.
129. Empathy is your pain in my heart.
130. Housework is something you do that nobody notices unless you don't do it
131. To love is to admire with the heart.
132. If we fill our hours with regrets of yesterday and with the worries of tomorrow, we have no today in which to be thankful.
133. Faith is not a sense, nor sight, nor reason, but a taking God at His Word.
134. It is easier to leave angry words unspoken than to mend a heart those words have broken.
135. The secret of happy living is not to do what you like but to like what you do.
136 Fear knocked at the door. Faith opened it to find no one there.
137. Each man can interpret another's experience only by his own.
138. Timely good deeds are nicer than afterthoughts.
139. The smallest good deed is better than the grandest intention.
140. A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small package.
141. Love your enemies: they'll go crazy trying to figure out what you're up to.
142. You will never win if you never begin.
143. There is nothing wrong with having nothing to say unless you insist on saying it.
144. Grumbling is the death of love.
145. Cold feet are usually the result of burnt fingers.
146. Criticism wouldn't be so hard to take if it weren't so often right.
147. Don't treat every situation as a "life" and "death" matter or you'll die a lot of times.
148. Good thoughts bear good fruit, bad thoughts bear bad fruit - and man is his own gardener.
149. Some people are like buttons on a shirt - always popping off.
150. To say the right thing at the right time, keep still most of the time.
151. Some people make the world more special just by being in it.
152. Appreciation is like salt - a little goes a long way to bring out the best in us.
153. No one can go back and make a brand new start, but anyone can start from here and make a brand new end.
154. Love looks not with the eye but with the heart.
155. Words break no bones, but they do break hearts.
156. Digging for facts is much better exercise than jumping to conclusions.
157. Don't be shy to ask for help. We all need to be needed. Help a friend feel needed.
158. Between tomorrow's dream and yesterday's regret is today's oppurtunity.
159. Learning to count is not as important as learning what counts.
160. Foolish mistakes are made by others; "unavoidable errors" are what we make.
161. A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
162. Truth is something that must be known in the mind, accepted in the heart, and enacted in life.
163. You have to know the ropes in order to pull the strings.
164. True patience means waiting without worrying.
165. It's too bad that rusty brains don't squeak.
166. There is no better exercise for strengthening the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.
167. Growing old is no more than a bad habit which a busy person has no time to form.
168. Marriage is a union in which joys are multiplied and troubles divided.
169. It is just as hard to live with a person you love as it is to love the person you live with.
170. Love rules without a sword, love binds without a cord.
171. It is better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.
172. A little thing is a little thing, but faithfulness in little things is a great thing.
173. Getting the facts is only half the job. The other half is to use them wisely.
174. Only He who can see the invisible can do the impossible.
175. We have committed the Golden Rule to memory; let us now commit it to life.
176. You can't get anywhere unless you start.
177. Love is the only thing that can be divided without being diminished.
178. When we are tired we are attacked by thoughts that we conquerred long ago.
179. You can;t help a person uphill without getting closer to the top yourself.
180. Yesterday is like a cancelled check. Tomorrow is a promissory not. Today is like ready cash. Use it wisely, for today is the most precious possession you can have.
181. The only thing in life achieved without effort is failure.
182. Every accomplishment, great or small, starts with "I'll try."
183. The straight and narrow path has no traffic problems.
184. Sometimes you can make a more effective statement by holding your tongue.
185. People need love, especially when they don't deserve it.
186. Love cannot be wasted. It makes no difference where it is bestowed; it always brings in big returns.
187. Soft-hearted instead of hard-headed that's what love is about.
188. It is easy to praise when things go right; but it is more precious to praise when things go wrong.
189. Getting me into hot water is often God's way of keeping me clean.
190. Learn to say kind thing nobody ever resents them.
191. There is a vast difference between putting your nose in other people's business and putting your heart in other people's problems.
192. Few of us get dizzy from doing too many good turns.
193. In taking revenge, a man is equal to his enemy; in passing over it, he is superior.
194. If you have accomplished all that you planned for your life, you have not planned enough.
195. If I feed my faith, my fears will starve to death.
196. Whatever your past has been, you still have a spotless future.
197. A real friend is one who helps us to think our best thoughts, do our noblest deeds, and be our finest selves.
198. To have what we want is riches; but to be able to do without is power.
199. Start some kind words on their travels who knows where the good it will do may stop?
200. Life is a grindstone. But whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on what we are made of.
201. One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
202. Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow.
203. Speak kind words and you will hear kind echoes.
204. An admission of error is a sign of strength rather than a weakness.
205. He who accepts evil withou protesting against it is really cooperating with it.
206. It doesn't take a lot of muscle to give the heart a lift.
207. Let us realize that what happens around us is largely outside our control, but that the way we choose to react to it is inside our control.
208. There's nothing wrong with being a self-made man if you don't consider the job finished too soon.
209. Be careful of your thoughts they may become words at any time.
210. Some people spend more time looking in books for answers, instead of their hearts.
211. I would rather be able to appreciate things I cannot have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.
212. He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have.
213. The price of your hat isn't the measure of your brain.
214. Frustration is not having anyone to blame but yourself.
215. The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it, but rather what he becomes by it.
216. The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.
217. Friends are made by many acts and lost by only one.
218. He who would have nothing to do with thorns must never attempt to gather roses.
219. Every story has three sides: yours, mine, and the facts.
220. Don't make yourself a mouse or the cat will eat you.
221. Take time to be friendly it is the road to happiness.
222. It often shows a fine command of language to say nothing.
223. God never closes one door without opening another.
224. The greatest calamity is not to have failed, but to have failed to try.
225. The secret of patience is doing something else in the meanwhile.
226. I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something; and what I should do and can do, by the grace of God I will do.
227. Wise men are not always silent, but know when to be.
228. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched but are felt in the heart.
229. Be careful how you live: you may be the only Bible some people will ever read.
230. There is no place to hide a sin, without the conscience looking in!
231. If we fill our hours with regrets over the failures of yesterday and with worries over the problems of tomorrow we have no today in which to be thankful.
232. What you can do or dream you can, begin it; courage has genius, power, and magic in it.
233. The fellow who worries about what people think of him wouldn't worry so much if he only knew how seldom they do.
234. You can't get anywhere today if you are still mired down in yesterday.
235. The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice you give others.
236. We can do anything we want if we stick to it long enough.
237. Prayer should be the key of the day and the lock of the night.
238. The glory of life is to love, not to be loved; to give, not to get; to serve, not to be served.
239. He who has learned to disagree without being disagreeable has discovered the most valuable secret of a diplomat.
240. A freind is one who comes to you when all other leave.
241. You are not a reservoir with a limited amount of resources; you are a channel attached to unlimited divine resources.
242. The more difficult the abstacle, the stronger one becomes after hurdling it.
243. To see God in everything makes life the greatest adventure there is.
244. Some people give and forgive; others get and forget.
245. Absence of occupation is not rest; a mind quite vacant is a mind distressed.
246. The longer you keep your temper the more it will improve.
247. A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.
248. If there is no way out there is a way up.
249. Everything comes to those who wait, if they work while they wait.
250. Sorrow look back. Worry looks around. Faith looks up.
251. No matter how long you nurse a grudge, it won't get better.
252. Prayer is kind of like calling home every day.
253. You can't turn back the clock, but you can wind it up again.
254. Laughter is like changing a baby's diaper-it doesn;t permanently solve any problems, but it make things more acceptable for a while.
255. When your dreams turn to dust-vacuum!
256. Gratitude takes three forms: a feeling in the heart, an expression in words, and giving in return.
257. The nice part about living in a small town is when I don't know what I am doing someone else does.
258. You can always return to a friend, like going back to a special place and finding the same warm feeling, untouched by time and distance.
259. Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can.
260. God will accept a broken heart, but He must have all the pieces.
261. There's nothing wrong with having nothing to say, as long as you don't say it out loud.
262. Worry is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do, but it won't get you anywhere.
263. The people who tell you never to let little things worry you have never tried sleeping in the same room with a mosquito.
264. Age is like love-it cannot be hidden.
265. Truth does not depend on a consensus of opinion.
266. Success consists of getting up just one more time than you've fallen down.
267. The most important things in your home are people.
268. If you grasp tomorrow with faith, you know the handle won't fall off.
269. Some things can be inherited, but good reputations, trust, respect, and wages must all be earned.
270. Some days you're the bug; some days, the windshield!
271. Life is easier than you think-all you have to do is this: Accept the impossible, do without the indispensable, bear the intolerable, and be able to smile at anything.
272. Being different isn't the same as making a difference.
273. If it's free, it's advice; if you pay for it, it's counseling; if you can use either one, it's a miracle.
274. The three grand essentials of happiness are: Something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for.
275. If you're headed in the wrong direction, God allows U-turns.
276. I finally got my head together, and my body fell apart.
277. I know things are tough right now, but just remember, every flower that ever bloomed had to go through a whole lot of dirt to get there.
278. The Lord gave us two ends-one to sit on and the other to think with. Success depends on which one we use the most.
279. As you get older it's best to do things when you think of them, or you might forget.
280. God put you on earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.
281. A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerate the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected, and outlast the unbearable.
282. Joy is not the absence of suffering, but the presence of God.
283. The wind of anger blows out the lamp of intelligence.
284. A handful of patience is worth more than a bushel of brains.
285. My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.
286. At day's end, I turn all my problems over to God-He's going to be up anyway.
287. All that is worth cherishing in this world begins in the heart, not in the head.
288. A good friend puts up with your worst moods, goes along with your worst ideas, and always sees the best in you.
289. Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first.
290. I used to have a handle on life, but then it fell off.
291. Without Jesus we face a hopeless end. But with Jesus we have an endless hope.
292. Troubles come to pass; they do not come to stay.
293. Worry: The senseless process of using today to clutter up tomorrow's oppurtunities with leftover problems from yesterday.
294. Too many people tell the same story to the same people too many times.
295. Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.
296. Even if it burns a little low at times, the secret of life is to always keep the flame of hope alive.
297. When you share your joy with others, you double each smile and each laugh; when you share your pain and sorrow, each tear is divided in half.
298. The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
299. The only condition for loving is to love without conditions.
300. Nothing is as hard to do gracefully as getting down off your high horse.
301. A lof of people get throught thinking before they get through thinking things through.
302. It's not the load that brings you down, it's the way you carry it.
303. Frogs have it easy; they can eat what bugs them.
304. A friend is one who strengthens you with prayer, blesses you with love, and encourages you with hope.
305. Faith doesn"t panic.
306. It's frustrating when you know all the answers, but nobody bother to ask you the questions.
307. Confidence is what you have when you don't really understand the situation.
308. The present is what slips by us while we're pondering the past and worrying about the future.
309. The human tongue is only a few inches away from the brain, but when you listen to some people talkm the two seem miles apart.
310. God will never lead you where His grace cannot keep you.
311. I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person
312. Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday, and all is well.
313. When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always be worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.
314. Noah didn't wait for his ship to come in_he built one!
315. Most people are willing to change, not because they see the light, but because they feel the heat.
316. Whoever thinks he is too important for small tasks is probably too small for important ones.
317. Hardships color all of life, but you choose the color. Color it bright.
318. It is not doing the thing we like to do, but liking the thing we have to do, that makes life blessed.
319. Time flies, but remember, you're the navigator.
320. Think all you speak, but speak not all you think.
321. Habit is either the best of servants or the worst of masters.
322. Life is hard, by the yard; but by the inch, life's a cinch.
323. How men treat us will make little difference when we know we have God's approval.
324. Nothing will be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
325. The paradox of friendship is that it is both the strongest thing in the world and the most fragile.
326. A minute of thought is worth more than an hour of talk.
327. Waste of time is the most extravagant and costly of all expenses.
328. What is often considered a loss now, leads to a later gain.
329. Who you see in your imagination will always rule your world.
330. To have no more dreams is to rob life of its meaning.
331. We are all faced with a series of great oppurtunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.
332. If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.
333. Swallowing your pride occasionally will never give you indigestion.
334. Optimism is a cheerful frame of mind that enables a tea kettle to sing though in hot water up to its nose.
335. When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember that three of his fingers are pointig at himself.
336. Disagreement should not destroy common courtesy.
337. Our work is a revealing display of our character.
338. Anybody with money to burn will easily find someone to tend the fire.
339. An admision of error is a sign of strength rather than a confession of weakness.
340. Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.
341. The best vision is insight.
342. If you are willing to admit you are wrong when your're wrong, you're all right.
343. An idea is a fragile thing. Turning it off is much easier than keeping it lit.
344. Don't hurry, don't worry; do your best, leave the rest.
345. Spiders, snakes, bats, and negative people do one thing: they give people the creeps!
346. Our speech is the mirror of our mind.
347. Envy eats nothing but its own heart.
348. He tried to be somebody by trying to be like everybody; which makes him a nobody.
349. People are judged not on the basis of what they have done, but on the basis of what they are preceived to have done.
350. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can't build on it; it is only good for wallowing in.
351. Doing nothing is the most tiresome job in the world because you cannot quit and rest.
352. One plus one equals survival.
353. It is in the little things that we prove ourselves capable of the big things.
354. Love talked about can easily be turned aside, but love demonstrated is irrestistible.
355. You won't know where you're going if you are always looking back.
356. Truth and discernment are the banks between which love must flow.
357. Exhilaration is that feeling you get just after a great idea hits you, and just before you realize what's wrong with it.
358. Only one who doubts his own value overestimates the worth of others.
359. Friendship is to people what sunshine is to flowers.
360. Wouldn't it be wonderful if, when we lost our temper, we couldn't ever find it again?
361. Sometimes it takes as much courage not to do a thing as to do it.
362. It isn't our position but our disposition that makes us happy
363. What we leave behind in our lives may help someone else find the way.
364. The problem with advice is that the person who is giving it doesn't have the problem.
365. He who is slowest in making a promise is most faithful in its performance.
366. It's not what you are that holds you back, it's what you think you are not.
367. Determination is at the heart of any great achievement.
368. The aim of education is to teach us how to think, not what to think.
369. Sow an act and you reap a habit. Sow a habit and youreap a character. Sow a character and you reap a destiny.
370. Be open minded, but not so open minded your brains fall out.
371. Making waves almost never turns the tide.
372. Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.
373. Don't miss the beautiful colors of the rainbow while you're looking for the pot of gold at the end of it.
374. What we need is more milk of human kindness in the cream of society.
375. The right temperature in the home is maintained by warm hearts, not by hot heads.
376. The tongue is a small organ that creates either discord or harmony.
377. To make the most of today, keep eternity in mind.
378. There are three possible answers to prayer: yes, no, or wait.
379. He who conquers his anger conquers a strong enemy.
380. Little sins can add up to big trouble.
381. To look up is not enough-we must climb up.
382. The storms of our life prove the strength of our anchor.
383. Don't try to do everything-do only what God wants you to do.
384. The one who refuses to hear criticism has no chance to learn from it.
385. We add to our problems when we fail to count our blessings.
386. Instead of focusing on a person's past, Look at how far he's come.
387. Our greatest enemy is not disease, but despair.
388. Real love expects nothing in return.
389. The way to be anxious about nothing is to be prayerful about everything.
390. A changed life is the result of a changed heart.
391. Many people are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.
392. Worry is interest paid on trouble before it comes due.
393. Problems are oppurtunities to discover God's solutions.
394. A clear conscience, like a soft pillow, helps you wleep well.
395. Sins are like weeds in a garden; keep them out or they will take over.
396. A careless word may kindle strife, A cruel word may wreck a life; A timely word may lessen stress; A loving word may heal and bless.
397. God works through us to meet the needs of those around us.
398. God speaks to our heart and mind in many different ways.
399. Love increases as we give it away.
400. The time to make friends is before you need them.
401. God takes us into his darkroom to develop our character.
402. Our words have the power to build up or tear down.
403. Not what we know but what we do with it counts.
404. God judges us by the spirit in our heart not by how we behave.
405. God gives us strength to meet changed circumstances.
406. Live today as you will wish you had lived when you stand before God.
407. When you can't sleep, don't count sheep, talk to the shepherd.
408. After all is said and done, more is said than done.
409. Some of life's greatest lessons are learned in the school of affliction.
410. One who has a true christian spirit takes no delight in the faults of others.
411. When you sing your own praise you are always out of tune.
412. All work and no play will take the joy of life away.
413. Listening may be the most loving thing you do today.
414. God chooses what we go through; we choose how we go through it.
415. There is one thing the christian gives and still must keep-his word.
416. To live in the past is to miss today's oppurtunities and tomorrow's blessings.
417. The secret of coping is hoping in God.
418. No one is so good that he can save himself; No one is so bad that God cannot save him.
419. When we put our cares in God's hands He puts His peace in our hearts.
420. Unless Christ is the center of interest, life will be out of focus.
421. The better we know ourselves, the less we will criticize others.
422.. Some people have a one-track mind and very little traffic on it.
423. Some people with open minds let the wrong kind of stuff get in.
424. That which the mind conceives, that also must the mind control.
425. The great majority of people exist but do not live.
426. The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
427. The hardest frost can't touch a really Sunny disposition.
428. The school of experience has very few holidays.
429. The straight and narrow path is the only one which does not seem to have a traffic problem.
430. The wise will make more opportunities than they find.
431. To err is human, to forgive divine.
432. Truth is the only thing that cannot be improved upon.
433. We first make our habits, and then our habits make us.
434. When you aim at nothing you will seldom miss the target.
435. When you meet temptation, turn to the right.
436. You've got to keep going to get anywhere.
437. If it is not right, do not do it, if it is not true, do not say it.
438. If someone is worth knowing at all, they are worth knowing well.
439. If you can't be a sun, don't be a cloud.
440. If you think you can - you can.
441. If you want to be original, be yourself-no two people are alike.
442. Innocence shall make false accusation blush.
443. It is a wise man that has his afterthoughts first.
444. It often needs an open mind to keep one's mouth shut.
445. It would be a better world if we spared for others a little of the sympathy we have for ourselves.
446. It's what we learn after we think we know it all that counts.
447. Its better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
448. Keep your face towards the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
449. Kindle not a fire that you cannot extinguish.
450. Knowledge of thyself will preserve thee from vanity.
451. Love doesn't make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
452. Love makes hard hearts gentle.
453. Never try to appear what you are not.
454. No one is a failure who is enjoying life.
455. Patience is a good servant whom all recommend, but few like to employ.
456. People can take everything away from you except memories.
457. People do not lack strength, they lack will.
458. People who are always full of themselves ought to diet.
459. Plant the garden of your life with friendship's lovely flowers.
460. Show you care - and others will care for you.
461. A good name is better than riches.
462. A house is not a home.
463. A lie is like a snowball; the farther you roll it, the bigger it becomes.
464. A little explained, a little endured a little forgiven, a quarrel is cured.
465. A moment's insight is sometimes worth a life's experience.
466. A soft answer turns away wrath, but grievous words stir up anger.
467. A tree is known by its fruits -not by its roots.
468. A willing helper does not wait to be called.
469. Ability is the power of applying knowledge to practical purposes.
470. Age is in the mind, not in the calendar.
471. All things work together for good.
472. Anger is often more hurtful than the injury that caused it.
473. Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a Daddy.
474. Anything scarce is valuable; praise, for example.
475. Before we set our hearts upon anything let us examine how happy those are who already possess it.
476. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
477. Conceit may puff a man up but never prop him up.
478. Divine love always has met, and always will meet, every human need.
479. Do not walk through time without leaving evidence of your passage.
480. Don't ever slam a door; you might want to go back.
481. Don't wait until your ship comes Row out to meet it.
482. Glass, china and reputation are easily cracked, but never well mended
483. Happiness is a way of seeing good in everything and everybody.
484. Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
485. Have the courage to live; anyone can die.
486. He that is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else.
487. Laugh a little-sing a little as you go your way! Work a little-play a little, do this every day.
488. As rain restores the earth, hope restores the spirit.
489. Anger is one letter short of danger.
490. Circumstances are like a feather bed; comfortable if you are on top, but smothering if you are underneath.
491. Some people are so pushy they can follow you through a revolving door and come out first.
492. Every time you turn green with envy you are ripe for trouble.
493. Patience is the best remedy for most trouble.
494. Anger makes your mouth work faster than your mind.
495. A house is not a home unless it provides food and warmth for the soul as well as for the body.
496. There is no right way to do the wrong thing.
497. Remember in the dark what God has told you in the light.
498. If you must doubt, doubt your doubts not your beliefs.
499. Friendship is a coxy shelter from life's rainy days.
500. He who finds no fault in himself needs a second opiinion.